Friday, April 18, 2008

mpls = awesome

Both my sisters entertain the notion of one day moving to Minneapolis. On that note, it's been awhile since they weathered a winter in the Midwest. I tried not to let on how bad the winter was because I want them to move here. Then it snowed almost every day for the first two weeks of April. I called them with tears in my eyes, effectively unraveling 6 months of carefully constructed fondness for this place. Better they know the truth.

pros-
great restaurants
good political leanings
an appreciation of the arts
lots of bike paths

cons-
explain diversity
cars rule
lots of tennis shoes
november - april

The truth? I think I like this place. As mom often says 'wherever you go- there you are.' And here I am. Less harried than when I was in the heart of NYC. Less harsh, my sister tells me. Having gotten over the initial offense, I have to agree with her.

No comments: