Sunday, April 27, 2008

sistah

My sister has been visiting. Splitting her time between Minneapolis and my hometown. She just flew back to NYC tonight to seek thrills of a more urban nature. When she's in the Midwest, she settles for the natural variety. Hence her insistence on kayaking the Black River in its most tumultuous state. I was happy to hang with the lichens. Jamie's a thrill seeker. She also has incredible pride. It gets her into a lot of situations like this one...


Her pride once led her to jump off a 40 foot drop into water of questionable depth just to outdo me. The easier route would have been to call my bluff. She's got so much going for her- smarts, wit, beauty, cleavage- that her determination to outbrave anyone in the room seems almost gratuitous.

Prep time in the kitchen. Surgical. This is not uncommon in the Polzin house, where the kitchen is the center of all life.


The kitchen is a great place to do minor surgery- good lighting, relatively sterile, the dog at foot for easy clean-up and post-op is always at arm's length: Haagen Daaz. Nothing stops the pain like a scoop of vanilla/ scoop of chocolate. I miss Jamie already. Haagen Daaz works for that, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm blushing! (Which only enhances my beauty!)