Friday, April 4, 2008

bon ami


Ah....springtime. The very recent arrival of spring has unearthed many things in Uptown Minneapolis. This sofa, for instance. It kind of makes me want to sit right down and catch typhoid fever. Truthfully, it makes me want to go on a spring cleaning rampage. So I invested in a few new eco cleaners today.


bon ami is a cleaner I have seen in several magazines. It is a hot topic for the first time in its 120 years. Note the newborn chick on the label. I get it on an abstract level. A chick is obviously a better mascot for a cleaning powder than Rosie O'Donnell, or satan, or a catfish. Still, the chick wasn't really hitting home for me... until I read the back of the can.


Obviously! It makes me feel sad that Bon Ami has a mascot that requires a disclaimer. I can tell I am going to like Bon Ami. We have a lot in common. I also explain myself too much, consider myself a cleaner and the big can thing. Tomorrow- field trip to Salvation Army!

No comments: