Sunday, May 31, 2009

reparation dress

This dress was given to me by a woman I worked for in NYC. I was the beneficiary of her annual closet cleaning. A major haul that I toted away in Prada gift bags and with higher hopes than anything therein merited. Despite the disappointment, I did score this mysterious little blue silk dress that I have never worn. Truthfully, I didn't leave the apartment in it this time, either.


dress XXXI

I did it. I wore a dress every day in May. I did not drink more sparkling wine than usual, I never once donned a hat, I cheated by wandering around in my undies for the better part of many days until I finally put on a dress, I developed an ironing habit and honed a reckless method of laundering nice things with complete disregard for the washing instructions. On the whole, I felt pretty well-received. The project was mostly about stepping out of a comfort zone. It remains to be seen if I am any more likely to sing karaoke than when this whole thing began.

1 comment:

Bri said...

What a cool idea! I'm glad that it worked out for you. I dig that dress - looks a little bit like a slip, but that's nice for the hot summer!