Sunday, May 24, 2009

diagonal stripe sheath

I wore this dress for about an hour. On days that I work, it is hard to muster the energy to slip into a dress before changing into a work dress. Mostly because my dress selection has dwindled to a mix of those that need serious tweaking and those that seem too formal to busybody around in. The very notion of a dress being too formal is an idea I am trying to overcome. I bought this BCBG dress at a flea market in Chelsea two years ago. The vendor sold his dresses for $15 each or 2 for $20. I opted for two. He was flamboyant and stylish, which fooled me into thinking that all of his dresses were cool. I have come to realize that the biggest hang-up with wearing certain dresses is not wanting to wash them or iron them afterwards. The last time I washed this dress, I tried to OxiClean it to remove imagined pit stains and the color in the dark blue stripes was completely stripped, leaving behind cream-colored stripes. I refuse to pay more to launder a garment than I paid to obtain it. Conversely, I am happy to pay more to reheel a pair of Payless shoes than to buy a new cheap pair of shoes. It's complicated.


dress XXII

No comments: