Friday, May 1, 2009

dress myself month

This May I am wearing dresses all month long. It is unclear exactly how this is going to play out but I have been hording cheap, imperfect dresses for the occasion. I fully anticipate a few consecutive days of my black polyester standby somewhere around May 20th but until then, I'm taking it one day at a time. Feel free to join me. I am secretly hoping to accomplish all of these things:

-Inexpertly tailor several dresses that need help.

-Wear high heels more often and for no reason. Jamie does this and I have always admired her for it. She actually wears heels against all reason.

-Throw on a hat every once in a while.

-Drink more sparkling wine.

This dress is a Guess brand cotton sun dress with a denim vibe. $7.99 at Savers. The tag was ripped out. I only know it is Guess brand because it is impressed on the metal hardware. Not that I care, but it is a comfort to know it isn't from one of the more disposable clothing chains. It was missing a button so one strap was useless. An easy fix that validates my entire button collection. I did something I am usually too scared to do at Savers- tried it on in the dressing room. Now I'm just waiting for H1N1 Influenza to take hold.


dress I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I am impressed that you are dedicating May to dresses. I have found that when I devote myself to dresses, it is difficult to stop, they are surprisingly easy, comfortable, and chic!