Thursday, June 5, 2008

extreme weather

Spring has been short and extreme this year. The whole of it has existed in one of two states: something falling from the sky or something brewing. Exciting. Especially for the pedestrians among us. We walk around in a constant state of acceptance towards wet pantlegs.


Sno-cone party!! Bring Your Own Fixin's and Adhesive Plastic Strips. Pretty awesome. Just ask my shirtless neighbor who rollerbladed home from the lake in it and my mo-pedding neighbors screaming down the street at 15 miles per hour. (15mph + hail @ 15mph = 30 mph ice pellets the size of marbles to face) I watched the whole thing glued to the window, laughing out of nervousness- not cruelty. This season brings to mind a favorite quote. I only favor it because it reminds me of Marsja.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Cheesy, I know. I think I've seen it on a quilted greeting card. Probably in a gas station, which is the only place I ever feel compelled to buy cards. My goal is to one day read it aloud without sarcasm. My mom is a big advocate of the quote. But she says it differently- quit your bitching.

Extreme weather at home, too. Mom and Dad showed me the damage from a recent lightning strike to a tree along their horse trails. Frightening and marvelous.

No comments: