Wednesday, June 11, 2008

crazy sandwich book


On Saturday I happened across a book sale at the main branch of the public library. The library is a gorgeous building designed by Cesar Pelli. An architectural triumph. Occasionally, when I'm hating on Minneapolis, it is the only building downtown that makes the city worth living in. The book sale was an event I had heard spoken of. I found three gems. Grand total 73 cents. I bought one book with the intention of ripping the pages out to adorn our kitchen wall. But after reading it through several times on the bus ride home, I could hardly bring myself to do it. It helped that I only spent 39 cents on it. Now the kitchen wall boasts little known culinary facts from a children's book published in 1975 called Sandwichery.



The book also includes recipes for sandwiches. Try the cottage cheese sandwich with radishes and cucumbers or the peanut butter, carrots and banana sandwich. And, as if politically incorrect illustrations and hodge-podge recipes weren't enough...sandwich jokes to boot.

Q- Why can't you trust a sandwich?

A- Because it's full of baloney.

Don't try to get all philosophical about it. I am not a sandwich.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, is it just me, or does it look like she is shooting those turnips out of her ass into the mouth's of her children?

If that isn't why you chose it...you're dead to me!