Thursday, May 8, 2008

hanging it up

Yesterday I made a conscious decision to make no progress on the merging of two apartments into one. The obvious conflict that has arisen lies in the fact that one apartment was in want of nothing. Now that apartment has twice as much stuff. My method of coping with this recent influx is to ruminate. This method has not helped the situation.

My conscious decision was to get proof of the state of things on my camera, then take the night off. I meant to create a self-induced challenge whereby I try to fix the whole place in one day (today) and document the miracle on my blog. Last night, after taking the pictures as proof, the realization hit me that I should begin setting things right immediately. But, as I had planned on doing nothing until today, I did nothing. At several critical points throughout the workday, I told myself that I could totally make a miracle happen tonight. By the time I left work, I had effectively put the whole idea out of my head. No miracle. I spent the better part of the night arranging a box full of old letters in reverse chronological order.

Progress from the inside out. my new motto

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a woman in mourning.

Unknown said...

I'm in "mourning" too, from about 1am to 11. It's the darndest thing.