Friday, May 16, 2008

dowry

This is the painting that Jon carries with him. Now it has a new home above our corner booth. Someday this painting could make us incredibly wealthy, except that we would never allow that to happen.


It is a painting by Jessica McCoy. She is my sister and one of a handful of people in the world I am most proud of. Pride is messy and complicated. Pride and jealousy and love always co-exist. Not really worthy of a fridge magnet, but true. I'm proud of Jessica in a way that involves very little jealousy. Of course, I would say that even if it weren't true. Jessica makes me want to create amazing things.

The storefront window of Design Within Reach on Hennepin Avenue is adorned with several beautiful quotes. Here is the one that stops me in my tracks almost every day-

"what you make is important" --george nelson

No comments: