Tuesday, August 5, 2008

muffins for junkies

It was Sarah at Saipua who tipped me off to a blog called what geeks eat. This blog is written by a fun-loving foodie with street cred. I was taken in by her sconing adventures and her search for a perfect boomchunka cookie recipe. Or maybe I was just taken in by the word boomchunka. Either way, I found this recipe for crack muffins on what geeks eat and was determined to make the muffins in their most legit form. In the end, I totally bastardized the recipe. I didn't bother to hunt down pork jowel and I did not notice that the recipe called for coarse cornmeal until I was mixing things up. I used regular bacon and Quaker cornmeal. So, while I intend to improve upon the results of my first round of crack muffins, they still merit a resounding hurrah! Jon had 3 for breakfast, then 5 for lunch. His favorite part was the maple glaze. I agree that the sweet hint of maple seals the deal. Jon went foraging for coffee, while I baked. Then we enjoyed our crack muffins over a table fully clothed in the New York Times Sunday Edition. This is what a perfect Sunday morning looks like:

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Mmmmm...crack muffins. I have to make those again. Thanks for the linky love.