Wednesday, November 11, 2009

good fortune

A year ago I picked up a fortune cookie that someone had dropped on the sidewalk. The wrapper was still intact. I ate the cookie. My fortune read:

You will find your solution where you least expect it.

I tucked it in a clear compartment of my wallet and regularly wondered to myself where I would least expect to find the solution. Never mind that I didn't have a problem that I could pin my finger on. I would enter unlikely places or scenarios and think to myself, 'well, isn't this an unexpected place to find a solution.' Not the point. Answers are everywhere. In a handful of crackers, gracing the tab of my tea, on the sides of buses, in the conversations I pretend not to listen to, in nature- all around us. They will find you.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I love you.